Course duration and timing
Certificate of attendante issued by TST
- The course is aimed to teach the main techniques for fire-fighting simulating real conditions of fire on board
- The course is aimed to learning practical techniques of firefighting, use of fire extinguishers, materials and equipment for firefighting.
- The crew is trained to deal with fires both in open spaces, and in closed rooms, both individually and in teams.
- The tests will be evaluated and selected on the basis of the requirements of the Safety Officer of the Company.
Every seafarer shall perform the following hands-on training and prove that they have the ability to:
- Use various types of portable fire extinguishers
- use self-contained breathing
- extinguish small fires (for example, an electrical fire, fire from liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons)
- extinguish large fires with the use of water in allits forms
- extinguish fires with foam, dry chemical and any other appropriate
- enter and pass through security cable, but with out breathing apparatus, a place in which it was placed high expansion foam
- extinguishing fires in enclosed spaces, full of smoke, wearing self contained breathing
- putting out fires with water spray or any other agent in a suitable local accommodation or in an engine room, simulated, flooded with smoke and fire
- extinguish hydrocarbon fires with rain and spray nozzles with a spread of dry chemical powder or foam
- run a rescue in a smoke-filled space wearing self contained breathing
Every seafarer must be educated to the need to maintain the material and fire-fighting equipment.
The exercises will simulate real conditions of a fire on board and, where possible, should be carried out in the dark.
Target Group for the Course
- Flight personnel of foreign nationality or Italian involved in the management of emergencies
- Staff who work on offshore platforms.
Rules and standards
Standards and guidelines of national and international
Maximum number of participants
Min 10 – Max 22
Certificate of good health
Tema Safety & Training S.R.L. Training Centre
Via della Transumanza n. 5/C – 74123 Contrada Carmine (Taranto) – ITALY
Telefono: (+39) 0994725898
Fax: (+39) 0994725690
- Teaching material for tests and practicals
- Insurance coverage
- Shuttle service to / from Taranto railway station / TST