Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) Restricted Operator’s Certificate
Course duration and timing
32 hours + examination
- TEMA SAFETY & TRAINING Srl. Certificate of attendance;
- Letter attesting positive exam evaluation, signed by the REC;
- Booklet issue(AMERC) with endorsement (MCA).
Acquire the knowledge and skills to the proper use of terrestrial high frequency communication systems. This course is for seafarers that need a GMDSS Restricted Operator’s Certificate (ROC) in accordance with international standards of reference.
Target Group for the Course
Human resources involved in maritime operations in particular people that use high-tech GMDSS systems (Officers and Masters).
Rules and standards
- The Radio Regulations and the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended in 1988
- Chapter IV of the Annexe to the STCW Convention as amended in 1995
- Section A-IV/2 of the STCW Code
- The Merchant Shipping (Radio Installations) Regulations 1992
- The Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) Regulations 1997
- Merchant Navy Training Board
Being 18 years old and satisfying the standards of competence described in the Table A – IV/2 of the STCW Code
- Teaching material for tests and practicals
- Insurance coverage
- Shuttle service to / from Taranto railway station / TST