Company Security Officer
Course duration and timing
24 hours, divided in 3 days
Receive a full and comprehensive training on all issues related to the ISPS Code Part A and B, in particular to the liability of the Company and ships.
Acquire the necessary and adequate knowledge to perform in complete autonomy the “Security Assessment” of a ship and, on the basis of its findings, develop the specific “Ship Security Plan”.
Obtain the professional qualification in compliance with the training requirements for the Company Security Officer as required by Part A and B of the ISPS Code and the PNSM.
During the three days of work will be illustrated, with theoretical presentations and practical exercises, the main topics listed below:
- main international regulations
- ISPS Code
- interface between ship and port
- roles and responsibilities
- documentation to be produced
- risk analysis
- analysis of equipment in common use for the prevention of threats
- security procedures to be adopted according to specific threats
- methodology to develop a “Ship Security Assessment”:
- analysis of the possible threats to the key shipboard operations
- evaluation of the consequences
- possible countermeasures to minimize the vulnerabilities of the ship
- illustration of some examples of Ship Security Plans in order to give the students bases to be able practically to develop or improve this document
- description of the methods to manage emergencies, conducting researches, audit and inspection of the vessel to ensure compliance with the requirements of the ISPS Code and then be ready for certification by the Designated Authority
- practical exercises to give students a more detailed familiarization with illustrated and discussed cases final examination
Target Group for the Course
- responsible for the security of the company becoming Company Security Officers;
- Masters, Officers and Seafarers who intend to enter deeply into the security issues;
- Candidates for the role of Company Security Officer,
- Personnel assigned to work under the new ISPS legislation;
-All those who wish to develop autonomously the procedures associated to the assembly of the security system of the shipping companies and operated ships , through the development of the Ship Security Plan.
Rules and standards
STCW and ISPS Code – PNSM – National and international law of reference – IMO Model Course 3.20 – MSC/Circular n. 1154 of the 23th May 2005 – MIT Circular and “MARICOGECAP” (General Command of Italian Coast Guard)
Maximum number of partecipants
|Tema Safety & Training S.R.L. Training Centre
Via della Transumanza n. 5/C – 74123 Contrada Carmine (Taranto) – ITALY
|Classrooms n. 1,2,3,4,5 on the first floor at the Training Center|
Caterina LA NEVE
Course Deputy Director
|Ing. Davide Giuseppe FARILLA|
Com. te PETRERA Rocco – Com. te LA FORGIA Saverio – Com. te CORMIO Carlo
Competent coordinating personnel:
Sig.ra LA NEVE Caterina – Sig. ANDRENUCCI Romualdo
Board of examiners
Local Board of Examiners nominated by the Designated Authority and composed of experts on Maritime Security.
At the end of the training course, student will receive a certificate according to the requirements of the ISPS Code (Part A and B), IMO MSC. 1154 Circular , and the PNSM for the CSO role, if he will pass the examination in the presence of an officer of the Maritime Authority.
- Teaching material for tests and practicals
- Insurance coverage
- Shuttle service to / from Taranto railway station / TST