Advanced fire-fighting certificate for seafarers
Course duration and timing
Certificate of final examination according to the models provided by law in force.
Meet the mandatory minimum requirements for basic training of seafarers in accordance with STCW2 ’95 Code Section A-VI/3(and later amendments),with Ministerial Decree of April 4th, 1987, with Directorial Decree of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the following notes of October 17th, 200, and with Legislative Decree, n. 136 of July 7th, 2011 Implementation of 2008/106/EC Regulation on the minimum level of training for seafarers.
The training course is aimed to theoretical/practical learning of firefighting techniques The topics covered are:
- Fire fighting management;
- Organization and training of fire fighting squads;
- Fire fighting procedures at sea and in port;
- hazards associated with the handling and stowing of materials and dangerous goods;
- inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishing fixed plant;
- testing and maintenance of fire detection systems;
- testing and maintenance of portable and mobile equipments for fire fighting;
- testing and maintenance of any other fire-fighting equipment;
- use of water to extinguish fires and effects on ship stability, precautions and procedures to solve the problem;
- ventilation control;
- Control of the fuel pipes and electrical circuits;
- Dangers in fire-fighting;
- First aid and CPR;
- inchieste e rapporti sugli incendi;
fire-fighting with dangerous goods, on oil tanker ships, chemical ships and gas carrier.
At the end of the course students must take a theoretical and practical examination in front of a committee chaired by a representative member of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport
Target Group for the Course
Masters, Officers and any other seafarer with responsibility in deck, engine and Radio department, which can be called upon to direct fire fighting operations – after a training on basic fire-fighting – should receive additional training in advanced fire-fighting.
Rules and standards
|STCW Code’95 (and amendmants) – 04/04/1987 Ministerial Decree- 17/10/2001 Directorial Decree – National and international regulations and guidelines – MIT Circular and “MARICOGECAP” - (see RGQ archive).|
Basic fire-fighting course passed.
The maritime personnel, in addition to what it has already been specifically provided by the rules about requirements for access to the training courses, must follow them in chronological order as shown below:
1) Personal safety and social responsibilities course – PSSR;
2) personal Survival techniques course;
3) Basic fire-fighting course;
4)Advanced fire-fighting course.
Tema Safety & Training S.R.L. Training Centre
Via della Transumanza n. 5/C – 74123 Contrada Carmine (Taranto) – ITALY
Telefono: (+39) 0994725898
Fax: (+39) 0994725690
- Teaching material for tests and practicals
- Insurance coverage
- Shuttle service to / from Taranto railway station / TST